Friday 3 June 2016

Introduction to A2 Year

Part 1
This year I will be looking at how the Music Industry functions. In accordance to this, I will be producing a Pop Music Video, paired with a CD Digipack and a Website for an unknown artist/band (possibly myself). 
During the process of writing last years blog, I discovered that I needed to be more creative and interesting in my posts, and that maybe it isn't as important to write a huge amount of posts. I'm very happy with the quality of my evaluation tasks, but I think I could have done with more creative resources (like Pinterest and Soundcloud) to feature in my posts earlier on in the year.
I hope to be more successful in producing the three media texts in a high quality - this will require me to be more creative and think further outside the box, while building better relationships with the other team members.

Part 2
My favourite Genre of music is Electronic Dance Music (EDM) - this includes Garage, House, Future Bass, Trap, Dubstep, Jungle and Drum n Bass. These styles purely focus on generating energy and euphoria within your mind and body, resulting in happiness and the need to dance. This style is massively orientated by the hugely popular festival culture of today...





Despite this love for originally an underground culture, I still enjoy listening to almost every other style of music, including Hip-Hop, Jazz-Swing and Acoustic.

My favourite artist would have to be Skrillex (Sonny Moore) - he started as one of the most talented young producers of underground 'Brostep' and has now become one of the highest paid DJs and most wanted Producers of all time, while remaining so humble and always staying close to his musical roots. The man has been my idol since I was 11 and he is by far the most inspirational and influential member of the EDM community. He is so successful alongside his partner, DIPLO, that they played on the main stage of the largest festival in the world, Coachella, in May of 2016...



These two superpowers together can conjure unbelievable amounts of energy within a crowd of over 50,000 people - listen...







Some of my other favourite artists include DIPLO, Kanye West, Flava D, Chance the Rapper, Flume, Mura Masa and many more.

Almost all EDM artists are US based, and because the culture isn't as popular here in the UK, the artists rarely come here to play. However, this year, Skrillex and DIPLO (as Jack U), are playing at the UK's biggest EDM festival, Creamfields (promo video above) - when the festival published the lineup, featuring them, I instantly bought a ticket with a friend of mine. 

His fun-loving, care-free character shows in his website http://main.skrillex.com/ , and any of his Music Videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment