Sunday 31 January 2016

Thriller: General Preparation

Thriller TO-DO List


I produced a to-do list for my group where they could sign up for purchasing/organising certain items for the thriller, and then tick the box once they had completed each task. This seemed like the most efficient way of organising every item while keeping the whole group involved.

Obtaining all our Mise en Scene

In-School:

Paint pots/brushes...


We searched in the Media Studies Dept. storage containers for certain items. We eventually found some old paint pots and used brushes that were perfect.

Bought Online:



Brought In (from home):



Blood Splattering Dust Sheets



We mixed industrial fake blood with water in a bucket.
Laid the dust sheets out flat on the ground outside.
Got paintbrushes and flicked/splattered blood across the dust sheets in roughly the same directions, hopefully giving the impression of knife slashes.


Then we hung the sheets up on metal bars to dry.
The last dust sheet we soaked the middle of the sheet in the bucket to give the impression of a pool of blood underneath the dead body.


Practicing with Camera Rigs





I spent the time back at my house practicing with two of my friend's camera rigs. One was a stabiliser with a gimbal, and one was a simple hand-held handle utility. The stabiliser made the shots incredibly smooth and fluid, but was incredibly hard to use, heavy and not particularly mobile or practical. The hand-held rig gave shots that weren't as smooth, and actually a little shaky at times, but was much lighter and allowed me to manouvre easily, giving me the ability to get very low to the ground (which was a key part of the one-shot) and rotate round easily. I couldn't decide which one to use so I took both along with me to the shoot, and make the decision there.


No comments:

Post a Comment